March 22, 2007
- Houses cheaper than cars in Detroit
- "At least 16 Detroit houses up for sale on Sunday sold for $30,000 or less.
A boarded-up bungalow on the city's west side brought $1,300. A four-bedroom house near the original Motown recording studio sold for $7,000."
Even better is the MetaFilter discussion about that link (and others): Will The Last Person To Leave Detroit Please Turn Out The Lights?
- Congressman: Parts Of Iraq Are As Safe As Detroit
- What's great about this is that the analogy is arguing that 80% of Iraq and Detroit are "reasonably under control" which means the guy is using Detroit as a point somewhere on the line between IEDs and Broadway musicals. I think he meant it as a sign of progress in Iraq but the Detroiters aren't too happy with where they are on that line.
- Man Accused Of Drunken Driving On Golf Cart
- The golf cart had a winch and plow secured to the front, bicycle lights used as headlights and brake lights, and plastic curtains that hung on the sides and the front as a windscreen, Local 4 reported.
A butane heater and CD player were turned on inside the golf cart.
According to the police report, Vanbuskirk replied to a question about who can legally drive a golf cart on the road, saying, "Gov. Granholm."
- Top 10 Best / Worst Cities For Software Developer Pay
- When you adjust for cost of living expenses, software developers in Detroit (I assume the metro area) make better money than those in Silicon Valley or New York:
Metro Salary Cost of Living Adjusted Salary New York $89,370 177 $50,492 San Jose $99,250 192 $51,693 San Francisco $92,570 206 $44,937 Detroit $75,250 95 $79,211
Posted by george at March 22, 2007 09:50 AM
Sorry, comments are closed.